1 hr 10 mins
Beer - it's not just for drinking any more!
My Private Note
Irish p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces sweet onions, finely minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 8 ounces Guinness stout (or other stout)
- 6 ounces no-salt-added ketchup
- 2 tablespoons treacle (ok to substitute molasses)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pub mustard (, or other mustard)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (I use Pickapeppa, but Tabasco or similar is OK)
Pub Mustard Ingredients
- 1To Prepare Pub Mustard:Combine mustard, brown sugar, salt and turmeric in blender or food processor and mix well.
- 2With the machine running, add beer in a slow, steady stream and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- 3Transfer to jars with tight-fitting lids.
- 4Store in cool, dark place.
- 5Combine barbecue sauce ingredients, cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 6Allow to cool slightly, taste and adjust spices to taste.
- 7Store refrigerated in tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 496.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce