2 hrs 30 mins
So sorry, Bo Peep. I found your lost sheep. And would ya just look at what I did with them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces thickly-sliced bacon or 8 ounces thick slab bacon, cut into ½ inch dice
- 2 lbs mutton chops, cut into 1 inch pieces and bones reserved (may substitute lamb chops)
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced leek
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups Guinness stout
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 lb very small potato, about 1 inch in diameter,or quartered larger potatoes
- 1In a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until the fat is rendered and just brown.
- 2Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- 3Remove all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
- 4Season the lamb with the essence and salt, and sprinkle with the flour.
- 5Add the meat and bones to the pan and sauté until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove the meat and bones from the pan.
- 7Add the onions, carrots and leeks to the pan and sauté over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and bay leaves, and cook for 30 seconds.
- 9Add the Guinness, beef stock and potatoes, and return the meat and bones to the pot.
- 10Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 11Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the lamb and vegetables are tender, about 1½ hours, stirring occasionally and skimming any fat that forms on the surface.
- 12Remove from the heat, adjust seasoning, to taste, and discard the lamb bones.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness and Sheep Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (1174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 376.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence