Recipe by Mille®
Beer - it's not just for drinking any more!
Top Review by durf
This soup was especially good for the time I put into it. I only had a large can of Guiness and I think that made the soup a little bitter so I added some Velvetta that I had. It seemed to do the trick plus I added bacon bits when I served it. I will definatly do this one again.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 32 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 32 fluid ounces hot water
- 16 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz (or similar brand)
- 1 bottle Guinness stout (or other stout)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- fresh chives, snipped,to garnish