Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These green beans are a requested dish for every holiday! They are quite unhealthy, but are always the first side dish to disappear! It sounds like tons of green beans, but they do reduce as they cook.
- 12 (15 ounce) cans green beans (drained)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- Cook bacon in a large pot then set aside.
- On med-low melt stick of butter in the bacon grease.
- Add drained green beans and coat with butter mixture.
- Season with garlic powder, sugar, and salt & pepper.
- Cook covered on medium for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 45 minutes more, stirring about every 5 minutes.
- Add crumbled, cooked bacon before serving.