I call these baked chicken breasts "guilty" because I'm always looking for fat-free recipes. But it's quick and simple and a great people-pleaser - can't beat that when you're pressed for time. Suggestion: something a little piquant, like chutney or a salad with vinaigrette dressing, highlights this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, soy sauce, and optional curry powder.
- 2In another bowl or a plastic bag, combine the dry ingredients well.
- 3Put the shnitzels in the mayonnaise bowl and stir them around gently, lightly coating them with the mixture.
- 4Transfer the shnitzels to the bowl or bag containing the dry ingredients, one or two at a time, making sure to coat them well. Shake off any excess flour mixture.
- 5Line a large baking pan with foil or baking paper for easy cleanup. Place the prepared chicken pieces in the pan, leaving some space between them.
- 6Drizzle a little olive (or other) oil over the pieces. This will bring out the moisture; the shnitzels, even coated with mayo, will otherwise be dry. You don't need much, just a light drizzle.
- 7Bake the shnitzels at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guilty Chicken Shnitzels
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 1038.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 37.8 g