Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I call these baked chicken breasts "guilty" because I'm always looking for fat-free recipes. But it's quick and simple and a great people-pleaser - can't beat that when you're pressed for time. Suggestion: something a little piquant, like chutney or a salad with vinaigrette dressing, highlights this dish.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, soy sauce, and optional curry powder.
- In another bowl or a plastic bag, combine the dry ingredients well.
- Put the shnitzels in the mayonnaise bowl and stir them around gently, lightly coating them with the mixture.
- Transfer the shnitzels to the bowl or bag containing the dry ingredients, one or two at a time, making sure to coat them well. Shake off any excess flour mixture.
- Line a large baking pan with foil or baking paper for easy cleanup. Place the prepared chicken pieces in the pan, leaving some space between them.
- Drizzle a little olive (or other) oil over the pieces. This will bring out the moisture; the shnitzels, even coated with mayo, will otherwise be dry. You don't need much, just a light drizzle.
- Bake the shnitzels at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.