Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is certainly not a sweet drink, but with over 5 grams of fiber, almost 8 grams of protein and only 100 calories, this drink will leave you feeling satisfied and won't leave you craving carbs like sugar laden drinks do. This is certainly a nice healthy treat for those who love bitter dark chocolate. Feel free to add sweetener to your liking.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 -2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Combine soymilk, 1 cup of the ice, cocoa powder, vanilla and instant coffee granules in a blender and use the ice crush setting to blend until ice is completely crushed.
- Add more ice a little at a time, until it is the desired consistency. It will be both liquidy and icey (like the picture shows). Add more soymilk if it becomes too thick.
This is... ok. I'm sipping on it now. It lacks something that I can't put my finger on. Has a good chocolate flavor, but maybe if you use espresso powder instead to get more coffee flavor. I did add a packet of Splenda, and a dash of cinnamon after tasting this, which did help the depth of flavor. It is a pretty healthy drink, so maybe I'm just missing the fat! ;-) Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll try it again with more coffee and spices.