Recipe by Anjelphyre
This is a great hot drink on cold winter nights. It tastes as creamy and rich as any other cocoa with heavy cream and melted chocolate, without all the fat and calories!
Top Review by loof
This recipe makes a really great hot chocolate! I used regular 1/2% milk and it was still rich and creamy. The vanilla and almond were a nice touch - both aromatic and tasty. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 59.14 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml hot water
- 0.59 ml salt
- 946.36 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and hot water in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Stir in the half and half and heat through, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and almond extracts. Blend well.