Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great hot drink on cold winter nights. It tastes as creamy and rich as any other cocoa with heavy cream and melted chocolate, without all the fat and calories!
- 59.14 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml hot water
- 0.59 ml salt
- 946.36 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and hot water in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Stir in the half and half and heat through, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and almond extracts. Blend well.
This recipe makes a really great hot chocolate! I used regular 1/2% milk and it was still rich and creamy. The vanilla and almond were a nice touch - both aromatic and tasty. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ~ It's a great drink on a cold night (or cool night, anyway)! Very simple to make, very tasty to drink! Enjoyed the addition of the almond flavor, too! Thanks for sharing this! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]