Recipe by LauraMac
My husband found this recipe on a texmextogo.com but it is no longer posted there. We serve it as a dip or on a bed of shredded lettuce as a side salad. Many of our friends have asked for the recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 24 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, cook the broccoli in gently boiling water for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the peas and simmer for about 3 minutes longer.
- Drain and cool. Transfer the broccoli and peas to a food processor; add the avocado and process until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl. Add the tomato, red onion, spring onion, jalapeno, garlic and coriander and season to taste with limejuice and salt.
- Mix well and serve or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.