This dessert has a wonderful blend of sweet, tart and creamy and is made with fat-free yogurt, cool whip, cookies, strawberry JELL-O and strawberries. It is utterly guiltless and bright pink color is delightful! This is a slightly modified recipe from kraftfoods.com. I use Sin-Free Chocolate Chews for the fat-free cookies (gluten free!) but don't refrigerate the dough so they come out softer. Feel free to use reduced fat Oreos or other cookies and have fun trying different types of fruit, gelatin and yogurt!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packet sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (one packet - 4 serving size)
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (add blueberries and raspberries if you have them)
- 9 fat-free cookies (Sin-Free Chocolate Chews or reduced fat Oreo cookies)
- mint leaf (optional garnish)
- Mix together yogurt and gelatin, then fold in cool whip (carefully mixing together completely).
- Layer the yogurt mixture, cookies (crumble into bite sized pieces if not soft) and fruit in four dessert glasses however you like and garnish with a sprig of mint, or you can follow my suggestion below!
- LAYERING SUGGESTION: Divide half of the yogurt mixture between the four glasses, then top with 1 cookie and 1/4 cup of the sliced strawberries, then repeat using 2 cookies, then top with a dollup of the yogurt mixture and garnish with a mint leaf.