This recipe came from Alton Brown, tweaked just a little. This is excellent, you wouldn't even know there's tofu in it!
- Starting on the lowest speed, chop the cheese cubes in the blender (or food processor) until it settles into the bottom of the container, gradually increasing the speed.
- Add the garlic down the chute and chop until minced.
- Next, add the mustard, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and tofu to the blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- While the blender is still running, drizzle olive oil down the middle of the vortex that has formed.
- Add more or less of the olive oil and blend until it reaches salad dressing consistency.
I followed the instructions directly and it didn't work out for me. The taste wasn't bad but it certainly didn't taste like Caesar.
Excellent!! I upped the salt, vinegar and added lemon zest and lemon juice. Tossed with romaine and homemade croutons. Topped salads with grilled shrimp and crab cakes. Loved it!!
This is really easy to make and I really enjoyed it. I had it with romaine lettuce, "bacon" bits, croutons and topped with some extra parm.