Cake + Butterscotch = Yummy. What else do you need to know? Oh yeah, AND its low fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 fat free sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Spray a 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray, or line 2 muffin pans with paper liners and coat with cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt.
- 3In another bowl beat the sugar, splenda, and egg together until well combined and frothy.
- 4Mix in the yogurt, applesauce, vanilla extract and almond extract until well combined.
- 5Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- 6Toss the butterscotch chips with cornstarch and then stir into the batter with a spoon. (cornstarch keeps the chips suspended in the batter rather then them all falling to the bottom).
- 7Transfer to the baking dish, or evenly distribute between 24 cupcake liners.
- 8For one cake, bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, turning once halfway through the baking time.
- 9For cupcakes, bake 20 minutes also turning once.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guiltless Butterscotch Cake
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
Egg Beaters egg substitute
non-fat vanilla yogurt