Recipe by SuperSpike
Cake + Butterscotch = Yummy. What else do you need to know? Oh yeah, AND its low fat!
- 1 2⁄3 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 fat free sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- Spray a 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray, or line 2 muffin pans with paper liners and coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt.
- In another bowl beat the sugar, splenda, and egg together until well combined and frothy.
- Mix in the yogurt, applesauce, vanilla extract and almond extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Toss the butterscotch chips with cornstarch and then stir into the batter with a spoon. (cornstarch keeps the chips suspended in the batter rather then them all falling to the bottom).
- Transfer to the baking dish, or evenly distribute between 24 cupcake liners.
- For one cake, bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, turning once halfway through the baking time.
- For cupcakes, bake 20 minutes also turning once.