Recipe by NZR
This is based on a recipe from a Jell-O cookbook. I've tweaked it to make it lower in fat and sugar. It can be made one day and served the next.
- 85 g sugar-free jello (cherry, raspberry, cranberry or strawberry flavour)
- 1 angel food cake, cut into one inch cubes
- 298 ml mandarin orange segments, drained (optional)
- 106 g sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1000 g frozen fat free non-dairy topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cake cubes in bottom of a glass trifle dish or punch bowl.
- Prepare jelly powder according to package directions, place in the refrigerator until cool but not set, then pour over cake cubes and toss until the cake cubes absorb the liquid.
- In a large bowl, prepare the instant pudding using 1 1/2 cups of milk. Fold in half of the whipped topping and all of the orange segments. Spread over cake cubes. Cover and refrigerate ntil ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish as desired with pieces of fresh fruit, sprigs of mint, shaved chocolate, etc.