Recipe by NormCooks
Healthy and Delicious! No egg yolk, no butter, no salt added, takes less than 5 minutes to make.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll need a microwave egg poacher for this recipe. These handy gadgets make 2 eggs at a time and can be purchased inexpensively in the kitchen plastics section of your grocery or dept store.
- Crack the shell on each egg. Drop one egg each into pockets of microwave egg poacher. Use a small straining spoon to remove yolks and discard.
- Mix tomatoes, celery, onions, and bell pepper in a bowl, then spoon half the contents of your bowl over each egg. (Note: Plan ahead and keep a few plastic containers in your fridge with washed pre-chopped veggies you use frequently. When you need them, they are already chopped and ready).
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp cilantro and 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper over each egg.
- Close the top of the microwave egg poacher over your your eggs. Cook about 1 minute on High in your microwave. Use a tablespoon to scoop out your eggs when done.
- Serve with a few half slices of turkey bacon and a slice of white toast (no butter).