Recipe by BJ from BC
This is actually a pumpkin pie recipe that has been passed down over several generations. I love pumpkin pie but not the calories so omitted the pie crust, adjusted the type of milk used, and replaced the sugar for splenda. If you don't mind the extra calories just use heavy cream, and use 2/3 cup sugar instead of the splenda. I hope you enjoy this.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Very yummy!! I used cornstarch and sweet rice flour for the flour, soy milk and home made pumpkin puree (no canned pumpkin here available). For the splenda I used erythritol and a bit of raw cane sugar to give it a bit more body. Really easy to throw together and absolutely delicious, we loved it. Will make this again! Thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups skim milk (or fat-free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl add first six ingredients and stir or whisk together.
- Add beaten egg and skim milk and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Pour into baking dish (I usually spray the bowl first with either Pam or a canola based cooking spray).
- Bake for one hour
- Insert a clean knife and if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- * extra good served with one little dab of whipped cream.