Recipe by Wicked Creations
This is my version of Poppy Seed Cake and still go back for seconds as this is truly addicting and very moist!! I make my recipe for my birthday cake and I don't feel an inch!! For more sugar free filling, take 1/2 lb of poppy seed, soak in boiling water overnight. Drain, dry and grind through food chopper, using the finest blade. Add 4 tbsp of sugar free breakfast syrup, 2 tbsp of sugar substitute, juice of 1/2 lemon and mix well and viola!1 You have sugar-free poppy seed filling!!! Diabetic Friendly
- 1 cup margarine (I use Brummel & Brown-yogurt blend)
- 6 cups sugar substitute (I found that baking sugar subs usually fade-must double just to get the flavor right- I use Altern)
- 12 1⁄2 ounces ground poppy seed filling (Solo)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour or spray with non-stick spray12-cup bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan and set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar substitute in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add poppy seed filling and beat untill blended.
- Add vanilla and yogurt and beat just untill blended.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt until blended; add to poppy seed mixture, gradually, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into batter and spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes to one hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool; Remove from pan and completely cool. Serve immediately!