Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Haven't tried this recipe, but plan to next weekend. Can be made ahead 3 days without topping.
- 6 whole low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed to fine breadcrumbs (2 squares each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey, mixed with butter
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry kiwi gelatin powder
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (about 12 oz)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly, melted
- mint leaf, to garnish (optional)
- Coat an 8x3-inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix crumbs with butter mixture until evenly moistened. Press firmly over bottom and 3/4 inches up side of prepared pan. Place in freezer.
- Filling: Stir gelatin and the boiling water in a 1-cup measure until gelatin has completely dissolved. Puree cottage cheese in a food processor until creamy. Add gelatin, cream cheese, sugar, and extract; process until blended and smooth. Pour into prepared crust; smooth top. Cover pan and refrigerate about 4 hours, or until filling has set.
- Topping: Wash and dry strawberries; remove stems. Cut each in quarters lengthwise and place in a bowl; add jelly and gently toss to coat.
- Remove sides of springform pan and transfer cheesecake to a serving platter. Spoon berry mixture on top and sprinkle with mint leaves.