Haven't tried this yet - as soon as the weather gets hotter I will give it a shot - sounds fresh and delicious! Will give my review then! I found this recipe in Woman's Day Magazine.
- 6 whole low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed to fine crumbs (2 squares each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry kiwi gelatin powder
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) container 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (about 12 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly, melted
- 1 small mint leaf
- Coat an 8 X 3-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Mix crumbs with butter mixture until evenly moistened. Press firmly over bottom and 3/4-in. up side of prepared pan. Place in freezer.
- Filling: Stir gelatin and the boiling water in a 1-cup measure until gelatin has completely dissolved. Puree cottage cheese in a food processor until creamy. Add gelatin, cream cheese, sugar and extract; process until blended and smooth. Pour into prepared crust; smooth top. Cover pan and refrigerate about 4 hours, or until Filling has set.
- Topping: Wash and dry strawberries; remove stems. Cut each in quarters lengthwise and place in bowl; add jelly and gently toss to coat.
- Remove sides of springform pan and transfer cheesecake to a serving platter. Spoon berry mixture on top and sprinkle with mint leaves.