Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is a recipe I found in a cooking magazine that I modified to make healthier. Great taste- trust me!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (orig.or cherry flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tart apple, peeled and chopped small
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce (flavored or unflavored)
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract (or vanilla ext)
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 17-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- NOTE: These freeze well.