Prep 4 mins
Cook 10 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Sam Miles's "Guilt Free Gourmet".
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Buds
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine cornstarch, Butter Buds, chicken stock and skim milk in the top of a double boiler and heat to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Add nonfat sour cream and Egg Beaters, and whisk inches.
- Return to heat.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- This can be stored in a Ziploc Freezer bag and put in very hot water (not boiling) to heat.