Recipe by Mirj
I could eat tons of this, and I do. You can also use canned asparagus, but this is amazing with the fresh (and yes, more expensive) stuff.
Top Review by Izzy Knight
Two thumbs up MIrj! I used hot salsa, used garlic and added juice of half a lime. All I can say is: YUM YUM!! And look at the calorie count; is this heavenly or WHAT! Thank you so much for the recipe. I will be making lots of this as asparagus are in season.
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan (preferably non-stick), combine the asparagus with 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, until the asparagus is tender but crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- In a food processor, blitz the asparagus, salsa, cilantro and garlic.
- Add the scallions, and pulse several times until chunky/smooth (as you prefer).
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, about 1 hour.