Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you absolutely must have dessert, but you're counting calories and fat grams, here's a way to meet your goal and have a sweet too.
- 1 cup sliced apple (or apple or pear combo)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (from day old bread)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind, fresh
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place raisins, lemon juice, bourbon, and a tablespoon of water in a small saucepan and bring to sa simmer, uncovered.
- Allow to simmer till raisins are soft and plump.
- Arrange sliced fruit in a gratin dish or other samll ovenproof baking dish.
- Scatter rasins over fruit and pour remaining liquid over the fruit as well.
- Mix the bread crumbs, the spices and the lemon rind together and scatter over the fruit.
- If you absolutely must, you may add some artificial sweetner like equal or splenda to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake till fruit is bubbly (about 12 - 15 minutes.
This is an outstanding, and simple recipe that can be used all year long using seasonal fruits with complementary spirits. Delicious! I made it in late Spring with apricots, grapes and violet liqueur.
This is a nice little cobbler dish. I did use dried cherries soaked in some kirsh instead of the raisins. Served with french vanilla icecream.
Easy and delicious! I skipped the bourbon but did add the Splenda. We enjoyed this low fat, guilt free dessert so much, thanks for posting Kate!