When you absolutely must have dessert, but you're counting calories and fat grams, here's a way to meet your goal and have a sweet too.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place raisins, lemon juice, bourbon, and a tablespoon of water in a small saucepan and bring to sa simmer, uncovered.
- Allow to simmer till raisins are soft and plump.
- Arrange sliced fruit in a gratin dish or other samll ovenproof baking dish.
- Scatter rasins over fruit and pour remaining liquid over the fruit as well.
- Mix the bread crumbs, the spices and the lemon rind together and scatter over the fruit.
- If you absolutely must, you may add some artificial sweetner like equal or splenda to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake till fruit is bubbly (about 12 - 15 minutes.