Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted a way to stretch out sugar free ice cream, to make it lighter and still so good (and to lower the cost per serving)... here's what I came up with. I seperate it into 1/2 cup containers when done for instant portion control. I've also made this with lemon juice and some minced mint leaves. It's also good with a gingersnap cookie crumbled on top for a special treat!
- 4 cups sugar-free ice cream
- 3 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 3 limes
- Let ice cream and whipped topping soften on the counter or soften in the microwave.
- When softened mix together in large bowl with the juice of the limes.
- Freeze in individual containers or one large container until hardened.
- Let soften a few minutes before serving.
Gertie I made this recipe using Natural Fresh Churned Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (full fat). This recipe is amazing. What a treat, it's light, fluffy, creamy and has a lovely subtle lime flavor. It was the perfect accompaniment this weekend with cardamom treats. A lovely blending of flavors. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe that I will make for my dh again and again. made for Fall Pac 2011.