Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Sam Miles's "Guilt Free Gourmet".
Make and share this Guilt Free Eggs Benefit recipe from Food.com.
GUILT FREE MOCK HOLLANDAISE SAUCE (3/4 cup)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons Butter Buds
- 7 1⁄4 teaspoons fat free chicken broth
- 7 1⁄4 teaspoons skim milk
- 10 3⁄4 teaspoons nonfat sour cream
- 10 3⁄4 teaspoons Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
MEAT AND MUFFIN
- 8 slices Canadian bacon, trimmed of fat
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- fresh fruit, for garnish
- GUILT FREE MOCK HOLLANDAISE SAUCE (3/4 cup):.
- Combine cornstarch, Butter Buds, chicken broth and skim milk in top of double boiler and heat to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream and Egg Beaters. Whisk to blend.
- Return to heat. Add lemon juice.
- Keep warm but not bubbling while prepare egg mixture and sandwich.
- EGG MIXTURE:.
- Whisk together Egg Beaters and Butter Buds. Scramble over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- MEAT AND MUFFIN:.
- Place bacon on a toasted muffin.
- Top with egg mixture.
- Spoon hollandaise sauce over each serving, and garnish with fresh fruit as desired.
I'm surprised on the flavor of this recipe.
Did not expect to love this recipe.
The flavor is amazing! Well worth trying.
These are some great eggs benedict! The sauce was a little thinner than I expected but not enough that it ruined the dish. There is an obvious difference between this and traditional eggs benedict (the missing pound of butter!) but for the sake of the fat and calories it is totally worth it. The flavor is really there! I made the eggs as directed but next time I will do the standard poached eggs; I think the addition of the runny yolk will help to make it seem more decadent. Overall, it is absolutely delicious and I'm so pleased to find a way to enjoy my favorite breakfast dish without all of the guilt! Thanks for posting this keeper!