Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipe from Carnation Milk
Make and share this Guilt Free Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- 12 fluid ounces evaporated lowfat 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons light brown sugar, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F
- WHISK evaporated milk, egg substitute, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in medium bowl until mixed. Pour mixture evenly into six, 6-ounce ramekins. Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour boiling water into baking pan to a depth of 1-inch depth (about halfway up sides of ramekins).
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until gently set in centers. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT broiler. Blot tops of crème brûlées with paper towel. Sprinkle each crème brûlée with a teaspoon of brown sugar. Place on baking sheet with sides. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes, rotating pan once, watching closely, until sugar is melted and caramelized. Alternately, tops can be caramelized using a kitchen torch. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until topping hardens (do not refrigerate longer than 1 hour or topping will start to soften).
- NOTES: • If using eggs, pour mixture through fine sieve into ramekins.