1 hr 15 mins
This is a fudgey cake that will cure any chocolate craving without days of guilt or three hours at the gym. It's so very easy too. I've served this to guests and they begged for the recipe. Cooking time includes cooling time. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off. This is a very easy recipe that doesn't even require a mixer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 2/3 cups boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- 2Combine the flour, granulated sugar 1/3 cup of cocoa, baking powder, instant coffee powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Make a well in the center and pour in milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- 4Stir just until blended. Pour the batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 5Mix brown sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- 6Gently pour the boiling water over the top in a zig zag pattern. DO NOT STIR.
- 7Bake until the top of the pudding is set. About 35 minutes.
- 8Cool on a rack at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 9Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guilt Free Chocolate Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 200.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g