Recipe by Wicked Creations
Since I am dieting and have to watch my sugar, I came up with this staple and have many versions of the guilt free french toast-this is my new favorite...yummy! This recipe uses gluten-free bread Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Wheat/Cinnamon Raisin. I usually do overnight soaking them in the egg wash to soften them up, so they can retain the goodness and yumminess of the ingredients since the bread is very chewy-hard to begin with. This process does not make it soggy, makes it better to cook with!! This recipe is enough for two slices of the bread. Preparation includes overnight soak.
- 1 egg white
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml sugar substitute (I use altern)
- 44.37 ml skim milk (sometimes I use Almond milk)
- 4.92 ml cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 slice whole wheat bread (Ezekiel's)
- 59.14 ml torani sugar-free chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together-whisk thoroughly in a small dish.
- Dip both sides of the bread and set in a small overnight dish.
- Add remaining of the egg wash to the french toasts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and cook on stovetop with non-stick spray. Viola you have chocolate french toast--guilt-free!