8 hrs 3 mins
Wicked Creations's Note:
Since I am dieting and have to watch my sugar, I came up with this staple and have many versions of the guilt free french toast-this is my new favorite...yummy! This recipe uses gluten-free bread Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Wheat/Cinnamon Raisin. I usually do overnight soaking them in the egg wash to soften them up, so they can retain the goodness and yumminess of the ingredients since the bread is very chewy-hard to begin with. This process does not make it soggy, makes it better to cook with!! This recipe is enough for two slices of the bread. Preparation includes overnight soak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together-whisk thoroughly in a small dish.
- 2Dip both sides of the bread and set in a small overnight dish.
- 3Add remaining of the egg wash to the french toasts.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Uncover and cook on stovetop with non-stick spray. Viola you have chocolate french toast--guilt-free!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guilt-Free Chocolate French Toast!
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free chocolate syrup