Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband and I love blueberry muffins. Here's a way to enjoy them without feeling too guilty about the fat and calorie count.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup egg beaters pasteurized liquid egg-whites, divided (egg substitute, may be used)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, tossed with
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat margarine and Splenda until mixture is fluffy. Add egg whites a 1/4 cup at a time.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients and add to wet mixture in 3 parts alternating the soy milk till mix comes together. Blend in vanilla extract.
- Fold in the blueberries. Using a 1/4 cup, measure out 10 muffins in a well greased 12 muffin tin. Fill the two empty tins halfway with warm tap water. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan, serve warm. Enjoy!