Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed and thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb uncooked No Yolks egg noodle substitute
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, add the steak and onion and brown over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, or until no pink remains in the steak and the onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the soup, wine, and the pepper; simmer for 25 minutes, or until the steak is tender.
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions, omitting the salt; drain, then set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add the sour cream and parsley to the steak mixture, and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through; do not boil, serve over the warm noodles.