Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm always looking for healthy snacks to satify my sweet tooth, so this is my newest concoction.
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the top and bottom off of apples and core - pour lemon juice over apples.
- In a bowl mix oatmeal, egg white, cinnamon and honey.
- Place the stuffed apples on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 40 mins until tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with vanilla yogurt.
I found the center to be kind of dry and glumpy but the kids loved it. I used braeburn apples and served them with a little FF ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. A nice guilt-free autumn dessert.
These are good but I think I prefer the traditional baked apples. The apples were not done at the end of baking and needed to be finished up in the microwave. My oatmeal mixture was dry maybe due to microwaving. The vanilla yogurt is a must. Made for *PAC Autumn 2008*
I made these for spring PAC and never got a chance to taste them, because my brother ate them. He said thet they we a 5 star recipe.