2 hrs 40 mins
When I was an exchange student in Germany, my German mother often had this one the table for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle yeast into milk to dissolve.
- 2In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 4Stir in vanilla, lemon rind, raisins, and almonds.
- 5Mix salt and flour.
- 6Add milk and flour mixtures, alternately, ending with the flour mixture.
- 7Grease a gugelhopf mold*, budt pan, or tube pan.
- 8Pour batter into pan.
- 9Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- 10Bake in preheated 375 degree F.
- 11Oven for 40 minutes or until browned and done.
- 12Serve warm with butter.
- 13* The gugelhopf mold is know also as a turban-head pan.
- 14If this is not availiable, you can use the others with the same results.
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gugelhupf
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.5
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 181.5 mg
- Sodium 430.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of