Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Danes eat more ice cream per capita than any other nation in the world. And we have the shortest summers! This yummy topping is a tradition for ice cream cones.
- 100 g frozen strawberries
- 75 g sugar
- 50 g pasteurized egg whites
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Blend strawberries and sugar in a food processor for 3-4 min at high speed. Whip egg whites and sugar to a stiff meringue. Fold the strawberries and lemon juice into the meringue. Serve right away or keep very cool.
- Tip: its important that the egg whites, bowl and utensils all be the same temperature to get good, stiff peaks. Also, to avoid salmonella risk, do not cheat and use unpasteurized eggs.