Recipe by Denise!
I watched Bobby Flay the other night and they were making the most delicious looking shrimp skewers. I'm posting here so I can save and make the recipe. Looks spicy and delicious! Please note! This recipe is for a large quantity and will feed 25. I plan on using the scale feature to scale this down to 2 servings.
Top Review by Northshore Guy
My problem with this marinade is that it is oil based which causes substantial flare ups on the grill. I saw the Bobby Flay episode as well but can't remember how they dealt with this issue.
- 25 skewers, metal,wooden
- 4 onions
- 10 tomatillos
- 5 bell peppers
- 10 lbs jumbo shrimp
For the Marinade
- 5 ounces chopped garlic
- 2 ounces garlic powder
- 1 ounce ground cumin
- 1 ounce fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce salt
- 2 ounces paprika
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 32 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onions, tomatillos, and bell peppers into large, bite sized pieces.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating 1 piece of each vegetable between 5 shrimps on each skewer.
- Arrange skewers in a large non-reactive baking dish and pour the marinade over.
- Submerge skewers in marinade, and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill skewers for approximately 6 minutes, turning as needed.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
- Note-- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.