Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I watched Bobby Flay the other night and they were making the most delicious looking shrimp skewers. I'm posting here so I can save and make the recipe. Looks spicy and delicious! Please note! This recipe is for a large quantity and will feed 25. I plan on using the scale feature to scale this down to 2 servings.
- 25 skewers, metal,wooden
- 4 onions
- 10 tomatillos
- 5 bell peppers
- 10 lbs jumbo shrimp
For the Marinade
- 5 ounces chopped garlic
- 2 ounces garlic powder
- 1 ounce ground cumin
- 1 ounce fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce salt
- 2 ounces paprika
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 32 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
- Cut onions, tomatillos, and bell peppers into large, bite sized pieces.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating 1 piece of each vegetable between 5 shrimps on each skewer.
- Arrange skewers in a large non-reactive baking dish and pour the marinade over.
- Submerge skewers in marinade, and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill skewers for approximately 6 minutes, turning as needed.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
- Note-- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
My problem with this marinade is that it is oil based which causes substantial flare ups on the grill. I saw the Bobby Flay episode as well but can't remember how they dealt with this issue.