We had a Caribbean meal at my friend Yoyi's house and it was really a lot of fun with good eats, great storries, wonderful music and so-on. Most of us were from Cuba; different school's and different provinces but the music was still the same. One of the dishes was guava & sauteéd mango, adding subtle sweetness to this elegant dish. She paired it with a crisp, dry white wine with tropical fruit notes, like Pinto Gris."Tastes of the Worlds" is where she found this delectable dish. :) *Cover chicken breasts and chill 4 hours and guava/creamcheese/spinach mixture chill for at least 2 hours.* The chicken breast pockets once they are filled can be made up to 4 hours ahead.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 6 large chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons guava paste (about 1 1/2 oz)
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh spinach leaves, chopped (2 cups loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dry whte wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 large mango, halved, pitted, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl; add chicken breasts & turn to coat.
- 2Cover chicken breasts and chill 3 to 4 hrs, turning occasionally.
- 3Whisk cream cheese & guava paste in medium bowl to blend.
- 4Stir in spinach; cover and chill to firm slightly, at least 2 hrs; then transfer to pastry bag or zip-lock plastic bag with a corner cut off.
- 5Remove 1 chicken breast from marinade, scraping excess marinade back into bowl.
- 6Insert small sharp knife into 1 side of chicken breast, move knife in arc to create large pocket, keeping opening about 1 1/4 inches long.
- 7Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 8Pipe filling through openings in chicken breasts to fill pockets.
- 9Close openings with metalturkey pins or toothpicks.
- 10Heat 1 T canola oil in each of 2 heavy large skillet skillets over medium heat.
- 11Add 3 chicken breasts to each skillet & cook until brown about 3 minutes per side.
- 12Transfer any juices from 1 skillet into second skillet & add wine and broth; bring second skillet to boil.
- 13Add chicken brests to wine mixture in skillet.
- 14Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 15Transfer chicken to work surface - let stand 10 minutes.
- 16Meanwhile, melt butter in another heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 17Add mango slices and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 18Slice chicken diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- 19Arrange chicken on platter.
- 20Boil juices in skillet until slightly thickened and sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 3 minutes.
- 21Drizzle sauce over chicken & surround with mango.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava-Stuffed Chicken With Caramelized Mango
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.5
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: