Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A licuado is a Latin American smoothie. Actually, I suspect that a smoothie is a North-of-Mexico licuado. This is refreshing on a hot day. It is also good with pineapple instead of mango.
- 3⁄4 cup guava, scooped from peel and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mango, peeled and chopped (frozen if you like it slushier)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 tablespoons honey (to taste) or 3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Put all ingredients except mint sprig into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain to remove seeds and fibrous bits.
- Garnish with mint spring.
- Drink (with a straw if you like!).
I enjoyed this delicious smoothie very much. I was excited to taste it as it features my two favorite juices, guava and mango. It was smooth, subtle, nicely sweetened and refreshing. Really quick and easy to make. I used the vanilla sugar and lime juice options. This was so good, I will be making this often. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Think Pink 2014.