1/3 Photos of Guava Jelly
1 hr 15 mins
Tastes wonderful on toast! My mother's recipe and its foolproof. The beauty of it is that there are no fixed measurements. I make my jelly sometimes with just four guavas. Other times, it may be for 5 lbs...the measurements of all the ingredients increase or decrease depending on the liquid extracted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice guavas into one inch cubes.
- 2Place in a large saucepan and cover with just enough water to cover the fruit well.
- 3Cover and cook till guavas are very tender, about half an hour.
- 5Cover a large bowl with a muslin cloth and invert fruit onto the cloth taking care to catch the liquid that drips through the muslin, into the bowl.
- 6Gather the four ends of the cloth and tie a knot and hang this'bag' for about four hours and collect all the drippings into the bowl.
- 7LIGHTLY squeeze out any juice left in the cloth.
- 8Discard pulp.
- 9Measure the liquid.
- 10For every cup of liquid add one cup of sugar and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 11(Eg. if there are four cups of liquid you would need to add four cups of sugar and four tablespoons of lime/lemon juice.) Put this mixture back on fire and bring to a boil.
- 12Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly (as the liquid tends to boil over), till the liquid starts coating the spoon thickly and the juice/jelly drips from the spoon in jointed drops.
- 13Let stand for half an hour and pour into jars while still warm.
- 14Cover and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g