Recipe by Sharon123
Enjoy a little of the tropics in a wonderful dessert or snack, even breakfast! From The Melting Pot. Mexican, Spanish and Caribbean influence.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces guava jelly
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mango
- 1 tablespoon mint, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, and salt well.
- Then add oil and water until dough forms.
- Roll dough out 1/8-thick.
- With a 3-inch ring, cut out circles of dough.
- In a bowl mix guava jelly, mango, mint and lemon juice well.
- Spoon a little guava filling in the center of a circle of dough.
- Fold over the sides and brush with a little egg wash.
- Crimp the edges.
- Repeat process until all dough and filling is used.
- Fry empanadas in 375 degree oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with whipping cream.