1/1 Photo of Guava Custard/Flan
1 hr 5 mins
I baked this for my uncle's birthday and it was delicious. This is a simple version of the Guava Flan; which I bake with fresh guava, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure all ingredients are room temperature!
- 2Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- 3Place brown sugar, water and lemon juice on a small pot andd cook at medium heat until sugar changes to golden brown.
- 4*Don't skip the lemon juice, it will prevent lumps on the caramel*.
- 5Cover a 9-inch round cake pan with caramel; tilt and swirl to cover bottom and sides.
- 6Let cool aside.
- 7Mix eggs, guava paste, cream cheese and the rest of the ingredients in blender. Mix until smooth.
- 8Once caramel is hard or a bit cracked; pour the mixture into pan.
- 9*Tap pan into the counter to remove air bubbles.*.
- 10Place mixture pan into a larger shallow pan and fill the larger pan with hot water. Make sure it comes about halfway of the mixture pan.
- 11*DO NOT COVER*.
- 12Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 13Flan will be done when knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Remove from oven, put on a cool rack for about 2 hours.
- 15Cover and refrigerate.
- 16To serve, insert thin knife around the edges of the flan, cover with a shallow dish and flip pan over.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava Custard/Flan
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 64.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: