Recipe by LyNzAmuse
I baked this for my uncle's birthday and it was delicious. This is a simple version of the Guava Flan; which I bake with fresh guava, too!
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt (a dash)
- 1⁄2 cup guava paste
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature!
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place brown sugar, water and lemon juice on a small pot andd cook at medium heat until sugar changes to golden brown.
- *Don't skip the lemon juice, it will prevent lumps on the caramel*.
- Cover a 9-inch round cake pan with caramel; tilt and swirl to cover bottom and sides.
- Let cool aside.
- Mix eggs, guava paste, cream cheese and the rest of the ingredients in blender. Mix until smooth.
- Once caramel is hard or a bit cracked; pour the mixture into pan.
- *Tap pan into the counter to remove air bubbles.*.
- Place mixture pan into a larger shallow pan and fill the larger pan with hot water. Make sure it comes about halfway of the mixture pan.
- *DO NOT COVER*.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Flan will be done when knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, put on a cool rack for about 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, insert thin knife around the edges of the flan, cover with a shallow dish and flip pan over.