Recipe by Amy in Hawaii
This is a simple sweet marinade great for grilling or broiling, that I got from my co-worker.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Really good and easy! I couldn't find guava nectar so used a guava/passionfruit combo and it had a great sweet flavor. I used a thin slice chicken breast since that is what I had on hand. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 12 ounces concentrated frozen guava nectar
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 lbs chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a 2 gallon zip loc bag and mix well.
- Add chicken and seal bag.
- Rub bag to evenly coat chicken pieces.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning bag once or twice.
- Keep refrigerated until prepared.
- Grill or broil chicken until done.
- Marinade is very sticky so line broiler pan with foil for easier cleanup.
- Recipe can be halved but you can still use the whole can of guava nectar.