1/10 Photos of Guava Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
On a mission to find recipes to use up the random tin of guava paste that I often have in the pantry, I came across this one online somewhere. The applesauce and glaze are my own doctorings, because the original recipe was good but quite dry. It's still a very dense butter cake, so those bakers desiring a lighter-textured cake may want to add more applesauce to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces guava paste, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 10-inch springform pan or ring mold.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- 4Add eggs, one by one, beating thoroughly.
- 5Add applesauce and vanilla, and mix well.
- 6Sift flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- 7Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until fully blended.
- 8Spread half the cake batter in greased pan.
- 9Top with guava paste, taking care not to place paste against pan sides (it will melt and spread once baked).
- 10Top with remaining cake batter, covering guava paste.
- 11Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (except for the guava paste).
- 12Mix ingredients for glaze until smooth, and pour over warm cake.
- 13Allow to cool before serving, as filling will be extremely hot (not good to incinerate your tester's taste buds - you will lose tasting volunteers that way!).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3652.1
- Calories from Fat 1360
- Total Fat 151.1 g
- Saturated Fat 91.5 g
- Cholesterol 741.2 mg
- Sodium 1746.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 541.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 341.8 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: