Recipe by Leah's Kitchen
An island treat! A simple and not too sweet cake I found off of justfruitrecipes.com and decided to post it here for ZWT5. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by threeovens
The batter for this was really thick, almost like cookie dough. The cake comes out nice and moist (not to mention deslicious) with the top almost crunchy cookie-like. The guava is divine. I made this in a loaf pan and it is more like 8 servings, unless you are a piggie like me!
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces guava paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and add sugar little by little.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and mix in to the butter eggs and sugar.
- Pour half the batter on a greased mold.
- Place the guava paste (cut in slices) so as to cover all the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter and bake for 45-60 min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.