1/2 Photos of Guava Bars
Muffin Goddess's Note:
I made these in response to a request from a Colombian coworker for "something guava". Guava paste can usually be found in the international aisle of well-stocked grocery stores. You may find it in a wrapped bar as opposed to a large flat tin; I find that the canned product is better-tasting and more attractively colored than the stuff in the bar, but use what you can find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13x9-inch pan, and line with foil or parchment paper.
- 3Lightly grease paper/foil (I use cooking spray) Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.
- 4Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- 5Press half of the crust mixture into the prepared pan.
- 6Slice the guava paste into enough pieces to cover the crust within 1/4 inch of the edge, and place in pan.
- 7Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over guava paste layer, and lightly press down with the back of a fork or spatula.
- 8Bake for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven, or until crust is lightly browned.
- 9Allow to cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into 16-24 bars (depending on the size bars you cut).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava Bars
Serving Size: 1 (863 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: