Recipe by FloridaNative
A slice of banana bread is a simple snack; when served topped with butter or honey, it is an accompaniment for a salad or light meal; when topped with whipped cream or ice cream, it becomes dessert. From FoodinGuatemala.com.
Top Review by Virginie R.
So good that it served only 6p :) Baked only 30 min. Thanks for sharing, really easy and I promised my kids to make it again with them (especially for my little 3years old son who pretends not to like bananas...)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 453.59 g banana (ripe, about 2 or 3 large)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon, ground
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 354.88 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Soften the butter to room temperature and mix it with the sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mash the bananas and add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, and egg.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and slowly add it to the liquid mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, approximately 9 x 5 inches.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with honey as a cake bread, or as a dessert with cream or ice cream.