1/1 Photo of Guatemalan Pan De Banano (Banana Bread)
1 hr 15 mins
A slice of banana bread is a simple snack; when served topped with butter or honey, it is an accompaniment for a salad or light meal; when topped with whipped cream or ice cream, it becomes dessert. From FoodinGuatemala.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Soften the butter to room temperature and mix it with the sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 3Mash the bananas and add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
- 4Add the salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, and egg.
- 5Sift the flour with the baking powder and slowly add it to the liquid mixture.
- 6Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, approximately 9 x 5 inches.
- 7Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Serve with honey as a cake bread, or as a dessert with cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guatemalan Pan De Banano (Banana Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 347.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g