Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A slice of banana bread is a simple snack; when served topped with butter or honey, it is an accompaniment for a salad or light meal; when topped with whipped cream or ice cream, it becomes dessert. From FoodinGuatemala.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lb banana (ripe, about 2 or 3 large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Soften the butter to room temperature and mix it with the sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mash the bananas and add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, and egg.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and slowly add it to the liquid mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, approximately 9 x 5 inches.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with honey as a cake bread, or as a dessert with cream or ice cream.
So good that it served only 6p :) Baked only 30 min. Thanks for sharing, really easy and I promised my kids to make it again with them (especially for my little 3years old son who pretends not to like bananas...)
Love this recipe, very easy to make and love the deep banana flavor. I used three good sized bananas and added some pecans because I love nuts in my banana bread. Made for ZWT #7 and team Witchin Kitchen. Miss being on your team this year Florida Native!