A slice of banana bread is a simple snack; when served topped with butter or honey, it is an accompaniment for a salad or light meal; when topped with whipped cream or ice cream, it becomes dessert. From FoodinGuatemala.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Soften the butter to room temperature and mix it with the sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mash the bananas and add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, and egg.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and slowly add it to the liquid mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, approximately 9 x 5 inches.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with honey as a cake bread, or as a dessert with cream or ice cream.