Recipe by Papagayita
Guatemalan recipe using cayenne pepper, chocolate, cinnamon, and black pepper to make some seriously good cookies
Top Review by patgary0925
I made these for my extended family ages 4-73 and even the younger children liked these cookies with the rich chocolate flavor infused with the wonderful spices. The recipe is spot on and were delicious! I am ready to bake another batch for my immediate family!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg, vanilla and sugar on medium speed until mixture is white and creamy.
- Using cold butter, cut into small pieces and add to mixture stirring well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to egg/sugar/butter mixture being careful to not over mix.
- Make half of mixture into 8 inch log on wax paper and roll paper around it. repeat with other half of mixture. place in freezer for at least 4 hours, ideally 8 hours.
- Remove from freezer, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes or until small cracks appear on tops. Should have between 2-3 dozen cookies, depending on thickness.