Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Guatemalan recipe using cayenne pepper, chocolate, cinnamon, and black pepper to make some seriously good cookies
- Mix egg, vanilla and sugar on medium speed until mixture is white and creamy.
- Using cold butter, cut into small pieces and add to mixture stirring well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to egg/sugar/butter mixture being careful to not over mix.
- Make half of mixture into 8 inch log on wax paper and roll paper around it. repeat with other half of mixture. place in freezer for at least 4 hours, ideally 8 hours.
- Remove from freezer, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes or until small cracks appear on tops. Should have between 2-3 dozen cookies, depending on thickness.