Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and tasty chicken casserole. Posted for ZWT7
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken, thighs
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon achiote
- Fry onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until light brown. Add coconut milk and bring to a roiling boil. Stir frequently.
- Meanwhile fry chicken in remaining oil until well browned. Add to coconut milk mixture. Add pepper, cilantro, salt and achiote.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Basting occassionally. Serve with tortillas.
I didn't have any achiote (but I really want to get some! A spice I don't have. The horror!!). But this was delicious. A simple meal and used my favorite - coconut milk!! I will definitely make this again.