Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple toasted cheese sandwich from Italy. This makes only one serving, but is easily multiplied. Adapted from Breads of the World.
- 1 crusty sandwich roll, split in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush the cut sides of the roll with the olive oil.
- Place ricotta and provolone on bottom half.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Replace top.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.